BACKBEAT – For Music Publishing
Backbeat is hosted on the same power servers as used by major music publishers but delivered to your desk top at a fraction of the cost.
- Register songs with collection societies via CWR files
- Receive ACK files from societies and record their Works Numbers for easy matching to subsequent royalties
- Detail your Songs along with their controlled and non-controlled Writers and Publishers
- Define Writers with CAE and IPI codes and link to Publishers via Agreements
- Define Original Publishers with CAE and IPI codes and link to Sub-Publishers via Agreements
Clients and Agreements
- Rates defined at Source or Net by Client Agreement
- Define many Clients for a Payee and cross-collateralize where necessary
- Rates varied according to Income Type, Territory and Source
- Define Frequency of accounting – Half-Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, Annually; even Off-Quarterly etc.
- Define Payment terms – 90, 60, 30 days etc
- Report to Payees in currency of their choice
- Rates can be expressed as a Royalty or Unit Rate in addition to the normal receipts basis
- Link Agreements to Writers and Publishers – no need then to link
- Import your income directly into the database from whatever format is provided by your Income Sources and Sub-Publishers
- Income consolidated over differing entities which can reduce an income file by up to 90%. You decide what your income database will process and what granularity your business requires.
- Automatically match income to Songs by ISWC, Works Number and even Title and Composer. You decide how your income database will match and what your business requires.
- Unlimited number of Income Types. You decide how your income database will process and what your business requires.
- Report income in any currency, convert to base currency of host company and then pay out in currency of Payee
- Select individual income lines and show prospective royalty liability online
Calculations and Statements
- Royalty Statements customized with your own logos and graphics
- Email royalty statements direct to Payees
- Powerful royalty engine calculates whole periods in minutes NOT hours
- Calculations performed across all sales or by selected Sales Statement or Source
- Provisional calculations performed as accruals with no royalty liability recorded allowing for transparency and flexibility
- Witholding Tax and VAT applied where required
- Royalty Statements defined to show as much or as little as you need to report.